Skip to main content
Get in touch
  • Get in touch or find your nearest office

  • Preston Office
    1a Chapel Street Winckley Square PR1 8BU
  • Clitheroe Office
    21 Church Street Clitheroe BB7 2DF
  • Lancaster Office
    21 Castle Hill Lancaster LA1 1YN
  • Kendal Office
    Bridge Mills, Stramongate Kendal LA9 4BD
  • Garstang Office
    Cherestanc Square, Rope Walk Garstang Preston PR3 1EF

Request a call back

    News, Advice & Events

    How does new Health & Safety guidance affect my business?

    The Health & Safety Executive (HSE) has recently launched new guidance for larger organisations and businesses to understand how to manage health & safety. The release of this new guidance…

    Automotive, Transport & LogisticsBusiness ProtectionEnergy & Utilities

    ‘Don’t rush in’ call over owner-employee status

    Businesses are being warned not to rush into new ‘owner-employee’ contracts that allow staff to give up some of their employment rights for shares in the business. The new owner-employee…

    Automotive, Transport & LogisticsBanking, Finance & ProfessionalBusiness Protection

    If I issue divorce proceedings, how would our assets be divided?

    This is a question that divorce lawyers are regularly asked when meeting with a client for the first time. There is a myth that when a married couple divorces their…


    What should be covered in a shareholders’ agreement?

    Problem I have recently started a new business with two former colleagues and we have been advised to draw up a shareholders’ agreement. Why do we need one and what…

    Automotive, Transport & LogisticsBanking, Finance & ProfessionalBusiness Protection

    What happens if we can’t reach a financial settlement in divorce?

    In some divorce cases, some circumstances may result in the divorcing couple being unable to reach a settlement in relation to financial and property matters. If this occurs, then it…


    Is my premises licence fit for purpose?

    Whether you need a new premises licence or want to vary an existing one, the first thing to find out is exactly what you want one for. At Harrison Drury,…

    Business ProtectionLeisure, Tourism & RetailLicensing

    Should I step in and help my child buy a house?

    With so many young families struggling to save for a deposit for a house, it’s becoming increasingly common for parents to provide loans from the ‘bank of mum and dad’.…


    Harrison Drury advises Walker Fire on acquisition

    Harrison Drury has advised Walker Fire UK Ltd, the Preston-headquartered provider of fire protection equipment and services, on its acquisition of Stockport Fire Protection Ltd. Walker Fire – which has…

    Banking, Finance & ProfessionalCase StudiesMergers & Acquisitions

    Summary of changes to employment law

    On 29 July 2013, a number of changes to employment law came into effect. These include the introduction of fees in employment tribunals, a cap on compensation for unfair dismissal…

    Automotive, Transport & LogisticsBanking, Finance & ProfessionalCharities & Not for Profit

    Will I have to pay maintenance to my spouse when we divorce?

    Many people will be aware of the requirement for parents to pay child support maintenance to their former spouse or partner if they have dependent children living with them, what…


    Manage your privacy

    How we handle your personal data

    The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you more control over how companies like ours use your personal information and makes it quicker and easier for you to check and update the information we hold about you.

    As part of our service to you, we will continue to collect, use, store and share your data safely and securely. This doesn’t require any action on your part.

    For more detailed information view our Privacy Hub