Overseas Wills and Probate
Harrison Drury deal with all forms of disputed estates in England and Wales on behalf of parties resident in locations across the world.
If you are looking at this page then the chances are that you are resident overseas and may fall into one of the following categories:
- A beneficiary of an estate with assets in the UK and/or where a UK grant of representation has been issued or is capable of being issued.
- A possible beneficiary of such an estate who has been left nothing in a will or nothing under the Intestacy Rules.
- A possible beneficiary who has not been left enough for their maintenance.
- A possible beneficiary promised certain gifts upon the death of someone but who receives no such gift(s) under the Will or Intestacy.
- A family member or friend of the deceased concerned by the damaging actions of other family members in the UK..
- Someone having concerns about the way the Will came about.
- An existing beneficiary of an estate against which a competing claim has been made in the UK.
You may feel isolated and out of control as the estate is dealt with by English lawyers, or you may feel that as a person living abroad, you do not have any legal standing to make a claim against an estate in England and Wales or to have a say about any claim made in England and Wales that effectively competes against your rights under the Will or intestacy.
Harrison Drury Solicitors has over many years acted for clients resident abroad either in pursuing their own claims against UK estates or resisting claims made which would impact upon their own beneficial entitlements.
We are familiar with the special needs of those challenging an estate or defending such a challenge whilst being resident abroad.
Harrison Drury is a highly reputable law firm with a specialist department dedicated to this area of the law. We are registered with the Law Society in England and Wales.