Overseas Wills and Probate Case Studies
Here are just some of the instances where we have acted for clients resident overseas in relation to Estates in England and/or Wales:
- Acting for beneficiaries in Australia who had been alienated and cut out of a relative’s Will in England; successfully challenging the last Will and proving a previous Will restoring legacies to the clients.
- Instructed by beneficiaries resident in Canada and pursuing a claim against the executor of the deceased’s Will in respect of an estate in England where a sum in excess of GBP 250,000 had been stolen. Securing the removal of the executor from dealing with the estate and obtaining full recovery from the executor of all the money stolen.
- Acting in a case involving offshore trusts and substantial property in London. These were the subject of a family dispute where the client beneficiary was resident in Lebanon.
- Acting for beneficiaries in South Africa in an estate that had been plundered pre-death by a family member resident in England.
- Advising lawyers in Cyprus in relation to a disputed estate in England.
- Dealing with various cases involving beneficiaries and property in Pakistan but in respect of English estates.
- Advice given in relation to clients resident in Spain in respect of a disputed English estate.
- Acting in various cases involving the need to establish domicile of the deceased in the context of the Inheritance (Provision for Family & Dependents) Act 1975. Such cases included domicile sought in Holland and in Scotland.
- Acting in a constructive trust case and recovering substantial sums on behalf of Middle Eastern claimants.
- Acting for numerous clients across the USA in respect of English estates.
- Accepting appointments by Executors based overseas to act as their Attorney in respect of English estates.
Legal 500 Recommended
Our Legal 500 Recommended Lawyer, Edward Stanley, and our Overseas Wills and Probate specialists are entirely familiar with the special needs of those challenging an estate or defending such a challenge whilst being resident abroad.
Harrison Drury is a highly reputable, award-winning law firm with a specialist department dedicated to this area of the law. We are registered with the Law Society in England and Wales. We are Lexcel accredited.
“Edward Stanley is a tenacious litigator who approaches litigation in an extremely thorough and measured way.”
“Edward Stanley is exceptionally knowledgeable and approachable.”
“The firm handles highly complex and sensitive cases, often including a cross-border element.”
Availability to suit you, regardless of the time difference
We understand that time differences could be a concern. Here at Harrison Drury we are contactable via phone, email and skype. We are happy to work with you as far as we possibly can at mutually convenient times that take account of time differences.
If you would like to speak to us then to arrange a telephone appointment, please get in touch. We will respond to you within 24 hours.
We look forward to being able to work with you.