Roger is a Partner in Harrison Drury’s Employment team. He qualified as a solicitor in 2001 and has specialised in employment law throughout his career. He deals with the full breadth of non-contentious and contentious employment work. He provides pragmatic, timely advice and works closely with businesses to provide commercially focused and strategic guidance on employment matters. He advises on complex HR and employment tribunal matters and the employment aspects of business acquisitions and disposals, restructuring and redundancy processes. He has a particular expertise in enforcement of restrictive covenants in employment-related litigation, including bringing/defending claims for breach of restrictions and misuse of confidential information.
Roger has experience of alternative dispute resolution, including mediation. He provides training to clients and workshops/seminars on employment law/HR matters.
Examples of Roger’s experience include:
- Advising a UK group company on a large-scale redundancy exercise involving site closures and re-location of staff.
- Advising a national fire services business during a sustained 15-year period of continuous growth. Providing employment advice on re-structures, disciplinary and grievance, enforcement of employee’s restrictive covenants.
- Employment law advice to private equity firms during sustained periods of acquisition of various businesses and subsequent re-structuring.
- Representing a company in contested litigation over a 2-year period involving an employee/director/shareholder. Obtained urgent injunctive relief from the High Court regarding the company’s confidential information/property and successfully defended disability discrimination and unfair dismissal claims in the Employment Tribunal.
- Acting for a national charity in the successful defence of an ET claim of constructive dismissal through to a 5-day contested final hearing.
Roger is a former rugby player, having played for Chester and Ormskirk rugby clubs. He now enjoys watching his sons play the game, along with regular trips to Sale Sharks.
In recent years he has taken up long distance running and has completed several half-marathons. He plans to step up to his first marathon when time allows. Roger also enjoys the theatre and cooking for family and friends.