Company Reorganisations & Restructures
Our employment and HR team have a vast array of experience in assisting our clients on reorganisations and restructures within their businesses.
Reorganisations and restructures can often be complex and take many different shapes and forms, from a workplace closure, to a reduction in headcount or change of job roles, whether due to a downturn in work or following a business acquisition or a change in the way processes are undertaken. Reorganisations can be required when employees have transferred across under TUPE following a service provision change and don’t always result in a loss of headcount.
How can we help?
We can provide advice and assistance in identifying the correct procedure which needs to be followed and the best approach to take. At this stage out advice and assistance can be in the background for those clients who wish to run the process themselves but would like re-assurance that they are following the correct procedure. Alternatively, we can have a hands on approach by being on site to provide external HR support or even to run the process for you.
Why choose HD?
Our strong expertise in this area enables us to provide proactive and pragmatic advice and foresee potential issues and pitfalls which may arise during any process. Although guarantees cannot be provided in relation to claims we will ensure that your process followed is legally compliant and advice on any risks which may arise and ways these can be avoided or mitigated. Our team of employment solicitors and HR advisors ensures that the right person is dealing at the right level to achieve your desired result.
- Initial advice on a redundancy process following a management buyout of a financial business;
- Advice and guidance on a large-scale redundancy following the closure of one of our client’s sites;
- Advice on a redundancy program due to a change in process requiring less employees;
- Attending our client’s premises to run a reorganisation following the award of a new contract leading to redeployment of all affected employees;
- Attending our client’s premises to carry out consultations following an asset purchase to ensure all terms and conditions were captured.