Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism
The leisure, retail and tourism industry is one of the most varied and vibrant in the UK, encompassing a broad range of organisations and businesses that require multi-discipline legal advice.
We have established and developed long-term relationships with our clients in this sector which has enabled us to have a deeper understanding of the myriad issues that impact upon them. Our leisure and tourism law experts understand the unique opportunities and challenges faced by those operating in the sector and can provide pragmatic and considered solutions.
We make it possible by becoming familiar with your strategies, challenges, procedures and the way your people like to operate to ensure we provide bespoke advice for your business. We are commercially-focused and cost-conscious in our approach to all tourism and retail law issues.
Our leisure, tourism and retail law solicitors offer the full range of legal services to operators within this sector and in particular have notable strength in corporate, employment law, health and safety law, regulatory and compliance, commercial property, dispute resolution, licensing law and acquisitions.
The types of business we regularly advise include:
- Restaurants, pubs and clubs – We have advised numerous restaurants, pubs, clubs and entertainment venues on issues such as licensing requirements, commercial disputes, property disputes and employment issues.
- Hotels and accommodation providers – We have provided advice to hotels, guest houses and bed and breakfast providers across the region area on a full range of legal issues, including acquisitions, employment issues, and commercial disputes.
- Garden centres – We are have advised numerous garden centres, farm shops, nurseries and food producers in the region, including advising on the buying and selling of businesses.
- Music venues and events – We have advised national music festival promoters and major concert events throughout the UK. This has included advice, negotiation and drafting of all contracts and all other legal issues.
Services we provide in the Leisure, Retail and Tourism sector include:
- Corporate and commercial
- Licensing law issues
- Dispute resolution
- Employment law
- Commercial property law
- Regulatory and compliance
Our Hospitality and Leisure Experts
Latest Hospitality, Leisure and Tourism News & Advice
How the ‘experience economy’ is changing the hospitality sector
Silas Heys, head of Harrison Drury’s hospitality and leisure team, looks at how guests’ changing expectations and other social factors are placing greater demands on hospitality businesses. Primarily because of…
So, you want to go into the hospitality business?
Silas Heys from Harrison Drury solicitors talks through some of the key property issues to consider when launching a hospitality venture. Property is something that all hospitality ventures have in…
Harrison Drury advises on Cuffe and Taylor deal
Lancashire-based Cuffe and Taylor, the concert promotion company behind events like the Lytham Festival and Greenwich Music Time, is looking forward to an exciting future after US-based Live Nation Entertainment…
Licensing lessons from the Fabric nightclub case
A successful legal appeal has allowed London’s iconic Fabric nightclub to reopen after licensing bosses agreed to strict new licensing conditions. David Edwards, a contentious licensing expert at Harrison Drury…
Blackpool’s enterprising future is ready for take-off
In the first in a series of articles on the leisure, tourism and retail sectors, Harrison Drury’s Roger Spence discusses the major opportunities on the radar for Blackpool. From closure…31/03/16
Retailers need to keep new CRA front of mind this Christmas
With retailers seeking to maximise sales during the Christmas and New Year period, Helen Griffin, solicitor at Harrison Drury, answers some of the most frequently asked questions to ensure retailers…14/12/15
Harrison Drury instrumental in Rod Stewart UK tour deal
Preston-based commercial law firm Harrison Drury has been chosen to provide legal support for music legend Rod Stewart’s recently announced 2016 UK Hits Stadium Tour. The firm has advised award-winning…