Continuing changes to the way healthcare services are commissioned and delivered means healthcare providers have to operate in an increasingly demanding sector with ever-growing commercial pressures.
Pursuing individual and business ambitions requires healthcare law professionals to be adept at identifying and mitigating risk. Our medical lawyers’ understanding of the dynamics and demands of the healthcare sector makes a huge difference to the quality and effectiveness of the advice we are able to offer. We make it possible for healthcare professionals to deal head-on with the requirements of their business, enabling them to achieve their commercial objectives.
Our medical solicitors act for a wide variety of businesses and professionals operating in this sector on many healthcare law matters including:
- Employment law advice to GPs, GP practices and care homes, including document drafting and employment tribunal representation.
- Medical law and dental law advice.
- Disciplinary and regulatory services, including advice and representation for investigations and proceedings brought by professional regulators, such as the General Medical Council, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Dental Council, Health and Care Professions Council, The Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service, and Care Quality Commission.
- The professional and employment law implications of Re-validation.
- Corporate services such as partnership and shareholder agreements, the sale and acquisition of businesses, commercial contracts, terms of business, supply, licensing and other agreements.
- Dispute Resolution advice and representation for partnership, director, and shareholder disputes, debt recovery law, and disputes with suppliers.
- Property law advice, including acquisitions and disposals, landlord and tenant law matters, leases, planning law and environmental and energy issues.
Experts in Healthcare
The head of Harrison Drury’s team of healthcare lawyers, David Edwards, has had articles featured in two editions of Caring Times which can be read here:
And has also had the following two articles published in Pulse Magazine, a publication focused on GPs and GP practices:
Please note sign-up is required to read the articles on Pulse, but it’s free to do so.
Latest Healthcare News, Events and Advice
Coronavirus and the regulatory burden of care home management
Continuing changes to the way healthcare services are commissioned and delivered means healthcare providers have…22/06/20
What ‘promoting professionalism, reforming regulation’ means for healthcare professionals
Continuing changes to the way healthcare services are commissioned and delivered means healthcare providers have…16/01/20
Senior promotion for Harrison Drury’s regulatory specialist
Continuing changes to the way healthcare services are commissioned and delivered means healthcare providers have…25/07/19
Will tighter regulation of medical devices hamper health innovation?08/01/19
Healthcare tender dispute shows need for greater transparency28/11/18