Harrison Drury has a strong mix of expertise, both in its sector team and throughout the firm generally, in sports-specific and non-sports specific legal matters alike.
Our sports team has advised its clients on a range of sporting and non-sporting issues. The team comprises members from different practice areas, with a variety of specialisms, which gives our sports clients peace of mind in knowing that the team can provide advice on a wide range of issues.
Our team understands that each client will experience its own sporting issues relating to the specific sporting environment in and level at which they operate. The team can assist clients across all levels of the sporting hierarchy from individual athletes and clubs, both amateur and professional, through to regulatory and governing bodies.
Sports Sector Experts
Our work for sports clients to date means that our team is able to assist with a wide range of sports-specific matters, including:
- Sports arbitrations including Rule K FA Arbitrations and any subsequent appeals to court;
- Betting and gambling regulations within sport;
- Sports disciplinary matters including on- and off- field misconduct;
- Anti-Doping advice, guidance and representation;
- Preparation of sporting constitutions and advising on the structures of sports organisations;
- Player contracts and employment issues in sport;
- IP & image right issues;
- Defamation matters involving sports clubs and athletes;
- Stadium/Ground leases and other property related matters; and
- Advising on police costs at stadia.
The sports team is able to provide a full service offering to all of its sports clients in both sports-specific and non-sports specific matters. The team is prides itself on offering cost-effective, commercial and clear advice to its sports clients.
Sports Sector Team
Latest Sports Sector Advice, News and Events
Sports law expert Matthew Astley is appointed to FA panel
Harrison Drury has a strong mix of expertise, both in its sector team and throughout…22/07/21
FIFA strengthens employment protection for football coaches and female players
Harrison Drury has a strong mix of expertise, both in its sector team and throughout…15/02/21
Is an athlete an employee?
Harrison Drury has a strong mix of expertise, both in its sector team and throughout…13/08/20
The future of Financial Fair Play after the lifting of Manchester City’s Champions League ban
Harrison Drury has a strong mix of expertise, both in its sector team and throughout…29/07/20
Coronavirus COVID-19: Can athletes still be tested during the pandemic?
Harrison Drury has a strong mix of expertise, both in its sector team and throughout…01/04/20