Manufacturing and Engineering
As a law firm operating in the most vibrant manufacturing and engineering regions in the UK, we take pride in our understanding of this sector and the businesses operating within it.
Our manufacturing lawyers and engineering solicitors understand the commercial pressures that our clients face as they seek to gain a competitive advantage in evolving local, national and international markets.
These pressures include:
- Pressure on margins with increased costs of materials and fuel
- Greater regulation
- Supply chain, transportation and logistical challenges
- Consolidation and growth decisions
- Product, process, brand and technology development and protection
- Product liability issues
- Retention of title clauses
- Skill development and labour retention
- International competition
The understanding that our team of intellectual property lawyers have of the wider industry issues means that we are able to help with all manufacturing law issues and provide practical engineering legal advice that is tailored to our clients and their businesses’ objectives.
Whatever your sub-sector; whether you are a packaging or a metals manufacturer, an operator in the pharmaceutical, chemical, aerospace or automotive industry, or a supplier to any of them, our engineering solicitors can assist you in resolving the issues which you face.
Services that our lawyers provide within the manufacturing and engineering sector include:
- Employment law – Our engineering lawyers can help with the drafting of employment documentation, assisting with grievance and disciplinary actions, investigating poor performance and long term sickness, defending employment tribunal claims, assisting with redundancy and dismissal, and issues involving working time and holidays.
- Business protection – Let our engineering solicitors keep your business protected. We can assist with: articles of association, shareholder / partnership agreements, business sales and acquisitions, re-organisations, commercial contracts, terms of business, joint ventures, franchise, supply, licensing, commercial agency, distribution arrangements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and securitisation of liabilities.
- Dispute resolution – Engineering legal advice is essential in helping resolve disputes. Our expertise includes: partnership, director and shareholder disputes, business sales and purchases, debt recovery, brand issues, reputation and goodwill, and disputes with: suppliers, customers, landlords, tenants, consultants and professional advisors, as well as alternative dispute resolutions.
- Property and Construction law – Our intellectual property lawyers also specialise in all property matters including acquisitions and disposals, construction, insurance, landlord and tenant affairs, leases, planning law, environmental and energy.
- Corporate Recovery, Re-organisation and Restructuring – Group re-organisations, demergers, financing, asset and business disposals are all dealt with by our engineering lawyers.
- Retention of Title – Our engineering lawyers are experienced in dealing with the legalities of retention of title clauses for manufacturing and engineering. These include: retaining ownership of goods, sale contracts, ownership and supplier rights, multi-purpose clauses, current account clauses, and cases of bankruptcy or insolvency of supplier.
- Registration and Protection of Intellectual Property Rights – Our intellectual property lawyers work to ensure that our clients derive maximum benefit from their assets and brand by dealing with the legalities surrounding trademark, design rights, and patent applications. Protection against infringement of intellectual property rights, whether registered or unregistered, is considered within this specific area, and includes issues involving copyright and rights in confidential information.
- Banking and Finance law – We provide engineering legal advice on lending, borrowing, funding, security, guaranties, facility arrangements such as invoice factoring, mis-selling of financial instruments.
If you have a question concerning any of the engineering and manufacturing law outlined here, or would like engineering and manufacturing legal advice tailored to your business requirements, please get in touch with one of our intellectual property lawyers today. Our main office in Preston can be contacted on 01772 258321.
Our Manufacturing and Engineering Solicitors
Latest Manufacturing & Engineering posts
Harrison Drury helps FIT Events Ltd strengthen for future
FIT Events Ltd, organiser of the highly successful FIT Show for the window, door and glazing industry, has announced changes in its shareholding structure. Angus Montgomery Ltd, which has been…
Getting to grips with the Criminal Finances Act
The Criminal Finances Act, which became UK law on September 30 2017, places new obligations on UK companies and partnerships to prevent tax evasion offences. Harrison Drury’s regulatory team, headed…
Top tips for attracting investment funding
Attracting investment funding can be a difficult and time-consuming process, particularly for new businesses without a trading history. Jack Stephenson, corporate and commercial solicitor at Harrison Drury, offers some top…
Harrison Drury advises on Preston Grasshoppers artificial pitch investment
The specialist property solicitors at Harrison Drury have advised on a landmark property deal that will see Preston Grasshoppers RFC benefit from a £50m national initiative to grow participation in…