Real Estate Property Disputes
Navigating the world of real estate property requires specialist expertise. Our team has a wealth of experience of dealing with such matters and at the heart of what we do is providing clear advice. Whatever your position, we provide high quality and cost effective advice to quickly identify the issues and the options which might best achieve your objectives.
Our expertise extends across a broad range of property matters including applications to the Land Registry and Upper Tribunal under section 84 of the Law of Property Act 1925, Court proceedings, and advising of how best to enforce rights in relation to land. We are able to advise you in respect of both maximising and protecting the benefit of land rights and also challenging these where necessary.
We work closely with surveyors and other experts to resolve disputes in the most cost effective way and can advise you when expert input is required and manage this process. We also have extensive experience of dealing with a wide variety of insurers and we can liaise on your behalf to confirm legal expenses cover under any insurance policies you might have. Thereafter we are able to ensure compliance with insurers’ reporting guidelines so as to maximise the benefit of your cover.
We make it possible by advising you on:
- Restrictive covenants
- Easements including rights of way, rights to light and air
- Adverse possession
- Boundary disputes
- Party Wall etc Act 1996 matters
- Co-ownership of property matters under trusts of land
- Telecommunications agreements and Code Rights
- Wayleave agreements
- Enabling developer clients to proceed with construction whilst protecting their positions where restrictive covenants prevent building on the land, including securing appropriate indemnity insurance;
- Achieving a favourable outcome at mediation in relation to a dispute under the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 in respect of co-owned property;
- Advising, obtaining expert evidence and securing a binding boundary agreement highly favourable to our client.
For more information on these matters or any other issue relating to real estate property disputes, contact Jody Proudman on 01772 789 332.