Agricultural Property Disputes
Our specialist property litigation team has extensive experience and can assist in all areas of agricultural and rural property and land disputes.
We act in the full spectrum of property and land disputes that arise in the agricultural world, whether it is giving pre-emptive advice to try and prevent the matter escalating or whether it is acting in Land Tribunal, Court or Arbitration proceedings. We understand the world that farmers and land owners operate in, giving us a strong grasp of the cultural complexities of agricultural disputes, particularly in relation to family owned agricultural businesses, and enabling us to help you to identify the best way in which to resolve your dispute.
Harrison Drury will work with you, to understand your business, the land and your legal issues so that we can find the best resolution for you. Harrison Drury have in-depth experience of the whole range of ways to help clients resolve disputes including through alternative dispute resolution and mediation as well as Court proceedings and Arbitration.
We work closely with land agents, accountants and other experts to resolve disputes at an early stage to minimise the impact on your family business and reduce your stress levels as much as possible.
We also have extensive experience of dealing with a wide variety of insurers and we can liaise on your behalf to confirm legal expenses cover under any insurance policies you might have. Thereafter we are able to ensure compliance with insurers’ reporting guidelines so as to maximise the benefit of your cover.
We make it possible by advising you on:
- Contract disputes regarding the sale and purchase of land
- Land disputes where they arise out of partnership disputes and company disputes
- Farm Business Tenancy and Agricultural Holding Act Tenancy disputes including Arbitrations and applications to the Land Tribunals
- Succession Tenancy advice and representation
- Agricultural workers accommodation
- Real Estate matters including
- rights of way
- restrictive covenants
- easements including drainage and waste
- environmental issues and planning issues
- Proprietary Estoppel claims
Harrison Drury regularly act for farmers, landed estates, land owners and landlords, tenants, partners and companies regarding agricultural matters.
- Defending a farmer in relation to a long standing Trust of Land dispute including proprietary estoppel claims and settling the matter before trial with his preferred outcome.
- Obtaining injunctive relief for a farmer in a right of way dispute.
- Settling a right of way and trespass dispute for a land owner without the need to issue proceedings