Sean is a director at Harrison Drury and leads the corporate and commercial Dispute Resolution team within the litigation department. He was admitted as a solicitor in 1990, spending the first fifteen years of his practising life in Manchester, subsequently relocating back to the Fylde coast, where he now lives in Poulton Le Fylde with his young family. Sean is recommended in the 2011 guide to the legal industry. He joined Harrison Drury in 2014 having previously been a partner at Napthens in Preston and DWF in Preston and Manchester.
Sean specialises in the following areas:
- Shareholder disputes acting for both the majority and minority interest including proceedings pursuant to s.994 of the Companies Act 2006;
- Partnership disputes relating to both traditional partnerships and LLPs;
- Claims relating to defamation, malicious falsehood, trademark infringement and breach of confidence;
- Claims arising out of sales, acquisitions and mergers including warranty claims arising out of asset and share sale agreements and completion accounts issues;
- Intellectual property disputes;
- Professional negligence with particular reference to claims against solicitors, barristers and accountants;
- Contractual disputes;
- Bringing and defending applications for injunctive relief.
Sean is seen as a trusted adviser to his clients, forming close working relationships with them and providing pragmatic and commercial advice which often results in disputes being avoided. Sean deals with heavyweight litigation and has a reputation for rescuing clients from very difficult and complex situations. Many of Sean’s cases are sensitive in nature and involve issues which result in confidential settlements. A number of his recent cases do however include:-
- Shareholder dispute between father and son involving a substantial retail business ;
- Large Dispute concerning family owned business;
- Claim for injunctive relief within the context of wider proceedings where one party was excluded from the Company’s place of business:
- Large scale claim for professional negligence arising out of the failure of former professional advisers to apply to set aside a bankruptcy order;
- Multimillion pound claim for damages arising out of the failure of former professional to register a client’s land interests;
- Claim for unfair prejudice involving multi -jurisdictional issues;
- Partnership / shareholder dispute relating to a business engaged in the media and entertainment industry;
- Significant contractual dispute arising out of the importation of luxury motor vehicles involving cross border and multi – jurisdictional issues.
Sean has also had a number of reported and Court of Appeal cases, including the following –
Bank of Baroda v Rayarel  2 FLR 376
Cofacredit SA v Morris and another  EWHC 353 (ch)
Norbrook Laboratories Ltd v VetPlus Ltd and ANR 2  EWHC 40322 (QB)
When Sean is not representing the interests of his clients, he is a keen record and memorabilia collector of items from the late 70’s early 80’s punk explosion and watching Blackpool FC. Sean also enjoys reading, particularly historical works and spending time with his family.