Nick read biology at the University of Nottingham before completing the Graduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course. Prior to joining Harrison Drury in 2014, Nick worked for a large regional commercial firm.
He has experience in advising commercial clients in a variety of sectors in relation to a broad range of legal issues including:
- Shareholder disputes: acting for both minority and majority interests, including bringing and defending petitions pursuant to s994 Companies Act 2006;
- Partnership disputes: relating to both traditional partnerships and LLPs;
- Defamation: bringing and defending claims in relation to libel and malicious falsehood; including applications for injunctive relief;
- Professional Negligence: particularly relating to claims against professional advisors, including solicitors, barristers and accountants;
- Claims arising out of business sales: including claims for breach of warranty;
- Applications for injunctive relief;
- Contractual disputes
Nick always aims to offer clients clear and practical legal advice and is keen to utilise both formal and informal dispute resolution strategies to assist them in achieving their commercial objectives in a cost effective fashion.
In his free time, Nick enjoys keeping fit and plays football and squash on a regular basis. He also enjoys watching sport, though unfortunately this is becoming an increasingly armchair based pursuit.