Property Acquisitions and Sales
Harrison Drury’s property solicitors regularly act for investment clients, clients for whom property is their business or clients who run their business from commercial premises. We know sale and purchase transactions inside out and advise on all aspects of this process.
With a large and experienced Commercial Property team, Harrison Drury provide a comprehensive range of legal services to clients across the UK. Our team will guide you and ensure that matters advance as efficiently, and as cost-effectively, as possible. Obtaining the right legal advice from the outset can help you to avoid unnecessary delay or cost.
Our solicitors deal with a wide range of transactions, handling all aspects of Commercial Property including business relocations, expansions, high value property and land acquisitions and disposals, development work, management of property portfolios and lease-related matters.
Whether you are starting out in a new venture, adding to an existing property portfolio or selling your property, Kirwans can guide you in the right direction and put your property investments on the right track.
Our team can help you, as buyer or seller, with:
- Advising on deal structure including setting up special purpose vehicles (SPV’s) and assisting with the heads of terms;
- Sale agreements, sale and leasebacks, conditional contracts, options, rights of pre-emption;
- Overage and clawback agreements;
- Auction packs, tender documents and highest bid arrangements and managing risk of these processes;
- Title deduction, searches and enquiries, due diligence, advice on matters affecting the title such as easements covenants and rectifying title issues or procuring adequate insurance cover;
- Dealing with property management issues, including consents for dealings, refurbishments or alterations;
- Legal charges, facilitating redemption of borrowings and discharges of security;
- Filing of Stamp Duty Land Tax returns;
- Land Registry registrations.
We liaise closely with your accountants, bankers, agents, surveyors, tax advisers and your other professional advisors to ensure we work in harmony to see the matter through to completion in the most efficient and timely manner possible.