Court of Protection Litigation Support and Expert Witness Service
Our experts have a long history of working alongside clinical negligence and personal injury lawyers in high value claims during the litigation process.
It is important to ensure that the litigators are able to accurately assess and claim the complete required future costs of a professional deputy as the services are, in most cases, a lifetime requirement. The value claimed for lifelong professional deputy input will be a significant part of the claim.
If you would like to discuss any of these issues with our specialist team please call 01772 258321
We provide expert input during clinical negligence claims on capacity and costs issues and often commence working alongside families as a professional deputy during this process when their solicitors have secured an interim payment. This is often a great adjustment for families and a time to start to make home life a little easier.
- Expert witness statements
- Acting as Litigation Friend
- Making applications for the appointment of the deputy
- Managing interim payments
- Collating appropriate care records and receipts to be included in the schedule of loss
- Instructing a case manager and therapists
- Preparation of trust documentation and trust advice