Property Acquisitions and Sales
Whether acting for investment clients, clients for whom property is their business or clients who run their business from commercial premises we know sale and purchase transactions inside out and advise on all aspects of this process.
We deal with all kinds of types and values of transactions; from business relocations, expansions, acquisitions of landlord’s interests by the tenant occupier to large scale acquisitions and disposals including multi-let and multi-use property portfolios and the extensive document processing involved with the transaction which we process through our onsite data room.
Our team can help you, as buyer or seller, with:
- Advising on deal structure including setting up special purpose vehicles (SPV’s) and assisting with the heads of terms;
- Sale agreements, sale and leasebacks, conditional contracts, options, rights of pre-emption;
- Overage and clawback agreements;
- Auction packs, tender documents and highest bid arrangements and managing risk of these processes;
- Title deduction, searches and enquiries, due diligence, advice on matters affecting the title such as easements covenants and rectifying title issues or procuring adequate insurance cover;
- Dealing with property management issues, including consents for dealings, refurbishments or alterations;
- Legal charges, facilitating redemption of borrowings and discharges of security;
- Filing of Stamp Duty Land Tax returns;
- Land Registry registrations.
We liaise closely with your accountants, bankers, agents, surveyors, tax advisers and your other professional advisors to ensure we work in harmony to see the matter through to completion in the most efficient and timely manner possible.